Friday, September 20, 2013

Beer Soap Part II- Fragrance Blend

I have been planning a beer soap for my dad for a while now and when I found a craft beer (see here) and I got an idea. So I ordered some anise and lemongrass EO(they are the 2 special ingredients in the beer) from BB and then came the task of figuring out the ratios of the blend in which the problem lies... none of my blends are working out and the best one my dad hates sooo... have any of you done good blends with either lemongrass or anise?? (if they had both they would be amazing!) and here are my blends so far


  • 1:1 lemongrass to anise(this is the best so far) 
  • 1:2 lemongrass to anise
  • 1:1:1 lemongrass to anise to WSP's fresh vanilla
  • 2:3:1 lemongrass to anise to WSP's fresh vanilla
 I think I will do the 1st blend and will make the soap most likely this coming week.

Thanks for stopping by and happy soaping!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had a good blend to share. I just discovered fennel seed e.o., which I think is similar to anise. It is really nice blended with citrus too, and patchouli helped to round it out. Did you have a touch of patchouli you could try with it? I wouldn't add very much though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...