Sunday, September 8, 2013

Beer soap Prep

     August apparently was Craft beer month in Virginia and at the local grocery store I saw a lemongrass and anise beer! Can you imagine this scented with lemongrass and anise essential oils (well first I will need to see how they blend). First problem can when I realized I did not own either of these EOs so before I make this soap so now I need to order them :(. I was getting impatient so I decided to go ahead and boil the alcohol out and since it was a 25oz bottle and my recipe calls for only 12oz of liquid I decied to concentrate it and boil half off. Well then lunch came and went (we ate antelope stroganoff, a whole other story) and I was 90% sure I turned off the stove.... I didn't and this is what I ended up with

     Instead of being reduced in half it was reduced by about a 23rd of its original size, so I guess this will be deduced from my water amount and I will add it at trace. All I can say is at least it didn't burn

Thanks for stopping by and happy soaping!

p.s. I will update you on the beer soap!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your beer soap, what an interesting fragrance combo, it will be lovely in a beer soap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have totally done this, only it was with corona light and I swear it took about 45 minutes for most of it to evaporate off. Hilarious. Not much body to that beer, I guess!

    WSP just had a huge store wide sale this afternoon so of course I buzzed over and got a ton of essential oils and other yummies to add to more soap this weekend. I love them and totally heart their free shipping. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...